DOLCE 41' CONCORDIA YAWL #53
The Concordia Yawl, first designed in 1938 by C. Raymond Hunt and built by the world renown Abeking & Rasmussen shipyard, was designed to handle the big breeze and choppy waters of Buzzards Bay. This iconic series of yachts has gone on to win multiple Bermuda races, the Cowes race week, and has continued to perform as recently as 1997, when hull #67 CROCODILE won the Marblehead to Halifax race.
DOLCE has been maintained by discerning owners and the Concordia Boatyard since new. As one of only 26 yawls built at 41’, she is in a class all her own. She is constructed of an oak keel, steam bent laminated oak frames, and African mahogany planking fixed with bronze fasteners. DOLCE was upgraded to an aluminum mainmast to promote seagoing capabilities and facilitate offshore racing.
A recent survey, conducted in December 2012, shows the boat to be in good condition and ready to provide years of enjoyment for her next owner. With 102 of the 103 Concordias built still sailing today, the craftsmanship of Abeking & Rasmussen is unquestionable.
Current Price: US$ 120,000
Located In Boston, MA
Hull Material: Wood
Engine/Fuel Type: Single diesel
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 40 ft 10 in
Beam: 10 ft 2 in
LWL: 29 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 22000 lbs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1990
Engine Model: 3HM35F
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine(s) Total Power: 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (13 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 1
- Standard Horizon Maxi VHF
- G.P.S. Trimble NT200
- Radar Furuno 1830
- Depth Sounder: Datamarine S200DL
- Wind Inst: Datamarine CW360
- Speed/Log: Datamarine S100KL
- Spars: Mainmast-painted aluminum. Mizzenmast-hollow box laminate, Sitka Spruce
- Standing Rigging:1X19 S/S wire. Bronze turnbuckles and toggles.
- Barient(2) #28
- Barient(2) #21
- Lewmar(1) #16
- All spar winches are Merriman Bronze
Sails & Canvas
- 2007 Doyle Mainsail
- 2007 Doyle Jib
- New Custom Dodger & Sail Covers 2005
- (2) Origo 1500 single burner stoves, gimballed (CNG)
- Toilet: Wilcox Crittenden Imperial
- Holding Tank: Ocean Link PVC 13-Gallon vented
- Valves & Plumbing: Trident sanitation hose, Jabsco & Forespar Y-Valves.
- Macerator: Jabsco model 18590-2092
- Ground Tackle: 35lb CQR w/ 15' 3/8" chain and 250' braided rode.
- Chocks and Cleats: Chromed Bronze
- Windlass: Bronze Ideal 12-volt capstan, model V-1A
- Compass: 5" White Constellation on post
- Force 10 Cabin Heater model 1001 (CNG)
- Sony CDX-M10 AM/FM/CD w/ dual speakers
10' Avon Inflatable w/ 9.9hp Suzuki Outboard (1992)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.